Base plate jig

After my chance to fabricate another building I decide that laying out lines on columns is a royal pain, both for clips and base plates. So I made a jig that allows me to install a base plate in less than a minute.

Since I have received so much help from this group I am going to draw up some prints for the base pad jig along with a nice 3D image.

Gives me a chance to get a little more experience with drafting/detailing as well as providing a useful tool for the welding community.

Once I finalize the design for the clip jig I will aslo make it available.

One thing I have learned this year fabrication is fun, erection at -20C is very nasty, fingers actually stick to the steel not to mention the blowing snow,,,so much fun.

Oh yes I lost the link some time back for the metal drop box, computer had a nervous break down. So if someone could send it to me that would be greatly appreciated.

John

Reply to
John Noon

- "John Noon" - spluttered in news:akEQb.3411$ snipped-for-privacy@nnrp1.uunet.ca: