bending brake plans?

I'm itching to build something but my Wife wants something "useful" she wants a garden trellis or decorative gate.

so....anyone know where I can get some plans for a bending brake?

Peter

Reply to
Peterthinking

Here's a link to a 6" brake that I suppose you could modify to any width you like. It has a lot of nice diagrams and pictures. It's a first class job for a homemade brake.

I posted this once before a while back and some one whined about the page size being enormous and taking a long time to load. I'm running at residential speeds and it loads fine for me. If it takes a while to load just wait and it will get there.

Reply to
Zorro

I used these plans to fabricate a brake. Needed to bend 1/8" 4130 and this unit worked like a charm. I modified the plans to make it a 12" brake....

Lately it has been one of the more useful tools in the shop while making my tail wheel assembly.

Merle ..snip

Reply to
Merle Wagner

Wonderful!

Reply to
Peterthinking

Hey Peter

I m the guy that designed and built the brake that Jack posted on his web page. I just wanted you to know that Jack didn t get all of the information onto his site. If you want all available info that I supplied go to

You will find all the info in there welding talk forum. You can do a search in the project section for something like METAL BENDING BRAKE. Well, if you choose to build the machine I hope you have fun doing so. I tried my best to give out as much info as possible, however if you have any questions either post them here or on the Hobart site becasue i visit both sites every day.

Reply to
Dan

Merle

Comments like yours make me glad that I spent the time to put all the info for building this brake onot the internet . I am amazed at how wide spread this project has become . It ends up showing up at several different site that I visit. Im just truely glad that something that I designed and built is actually useful to others.

Reply to
Dan

Thanks for sending it out there I'm sure it'll be built many times it's a good design...nice welds by the way.

Peter

Reply to
Peterthinking

Thanks Dan. It really works well.

I also made up a flat plate but made it adjustable (forward and backward) with plates underneath with various radius to bend different thickness of

4130. It works great for my application.

Thanks again for a really neat and useful tool

Reply to
Merle Wagner