Brake

I know this has probably has been asked a million times. I am new to the group. Does anyone know where I can get some plans for building a good brake capable of bending 11 ga mild steel 48 inches in length? Thanks. I hope you all don't mind if I join in?

Reply to
Nick P

Welcome to the group. Try using "google groups" and searching for Brake. Also take a look at the books Lincoln Foundation sells. Excellent books and there is a brake design in the third edition of the projects book. And search for the metalworking dropbox. Surely there is a Brake design in there.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

try

- one of Gingery's books
and drop me a line, as I have a file I got (from someone here) whith piccies of one they made using a big I beam as a starting point

and if you are doing sheetmetal, you will want

sometime Geoff

Reply to
geoff merryweather

Reply to
JR North

I'm no expert on brakes, but this sounds more like a press brake application which is a bit more complicated than a leaf brake to build. Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady