bonding Ti with Al

Please help me. I am trying to find an idea to bond pure Titanium with pure Aluminum. Anybody knows how to remove the oxide that prevent the joint and what kind of interlayer that should be used?..

Reply to
alhazaa

Sputter the Al on the Ti under a pure Nobel gas.

Martin

Mart> Please help me. I am trying to find an idea to bond pure Titanium

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

You can buy explosively bonded metals in all possible combinations.

The only titanium solders are used in Aerospace, medical implants and Optometry, and will only bond titanium to titanium.

You might get aluminum to bond onto titanium, but it will try to alloy with it at melting temps. Aluminum makes titanium very hard when alloyed together.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Reply to
Phil