computer question

Well, I can't figure it out, so I will ask youse guys .........

When I bring up my home page, or ebay, or lots of sites, the pictures look like mosaics. They are recognizable, but appear as small chunks, like a mosaic.

I went to control panel - display - and went through the stuff there about the drivers and updating. It said it had the latest driver, and that it was functioning properly.

Well, it isn't.

Am I missing something simple, or is my video card shot?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Glenn

Well, how do I make it stop?

It was working fine a couple of weeks ago. The resolution is terrible, and I can't see ebay pics very clearly.

I am on a cable modem.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Steve, on your desktop, put the mouse in some open space and right click it. Then select "properties"... when that window comes up, select "Settings" (I'm using XP - Your version may be different) and look for a slider bar that controls the resolution. If the resolution is too low, like I think it is, bump it up. I'm running 1024 x 768 and see things real well.

I don't know anything about web accellerators, but it sounds feasible.... photos and drawings are what take the most time to download, so if the accelerator is trying to speed things up, it makes these get real small first.

Hope this helps. Sometimes, updates or new programs we add may change the resolution without even asking you... and you end up with what you have. r/ Steve

Reply to
GreenGas

The web software might have set a setting - like 2Mb cache when you have 1 or some such as well. Look at the settings and see if they work. Typically when you make a change it allows a temp change and test. Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

GreenGas wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Glenn

Um Guys,

Steve said he is on a cable modem, so I kinda doubt that he is using a web accelerator. If so, I doubt he needs one.....

I think the screen resolution is set too low, or the vid card is whacked......

HTH

Jeff

Reply to
Never_Enough_Tools

Only thing I did was put in a new power supply to replace the howling shreiking previous one. It started right after that. All connections good.

Called Cox, and they deny any changes in my cable modem config, or upstream components.

Going out of town, will play with it on return, and let you know when and if I fix it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB