Container floor anchors

I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be able to unmount it quickly. Where can I find some type of t bolts that I can drill an oversized hole in the wood, put the female anchor in there flush with the floor, secure it in, and have enough room around it to blow out chips once I take it loose? I have a router table on a base, table saw, and metal bender I'd like to anchor down. I think if I use a lag, the hole will wallow in the wood. I could take some square plate, cut some vent blow holes, drill it, weld a nut on the underside, rout out a place on the floor, and mount that with countersinks, but I was wondering if there was anything available that was pre made that I could just slam down.

Steve

visit my blog at

books while they last!

Reply to
Steve B

Steve -

Make your own to spec. Get a bolt the diameter you want and length. (get several)

Get fender washers. Flatten sides and mig weld them on the bolt - tack the washers together....

Can be 2" or 4" washers...

The other concept are work hold downs - lever arms that push over a contact point that is adjusted to a tight fit. Have them on the floor and they make an easy out - but you have the hold downs to remove.

I'd consider holes and plastic inserts. Replace plastic as needed. Fill hole with epoxy when tired of having them.

Mart> I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

There has got to be someone with the perfect solution but in the mean time, how about this:

Drill a suitable larger hole, use a standard straight router bit to make a narrow slot, use a 'T' slot router bit to make an undercut > I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router

Reply to
RoyJ

I got a new set of a few dozen router bits at a sale recently. That would work, but it would fill with sand. But, I could drill a hole on each end, and that would allow it to be blown out easier. Still think I will go with the theta idea. An O with a - in the middle.

Steve

visit my blog at

books while they last

Reply to
Steve B

If you just need a tiedown point and not a threaded insert sort of thing, how about just a standard folding tiedown ring? The ones with the square plate that site in a round hole. The hole in the floor may be a little bigger than you like, but it might speed up your install a bit... --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

How about a short section of Seat track inset into the floor

With some stud connectors

I have seat track mounted all over my trucks for tie downs. Lovely stuff.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler