Cromatron

Trying to find info on Cromacast rods for welding cast iron. Ive heard they are he greatest thing since sliced bread. Whats the scoop on these?

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Try this site:

We've used them at school for arc welding cracks in engine blocks, works very well.

Reply to
AHS

JIMMIE

I used some today to weld some cast iron lawn furiture and it seemed to work pretty good. The repair looked more like a braze than a weld. Is this normal?

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Well, your furnature is probably not true cast iron, unless it is quite old. Many items sold today are finished to look like as cast iron when they are just some version cold roll. Anyway, on our engine blocks it didn't look like brazing, it looked just like the block.

AHS