Cutting tips

I want to buy a couple of new cutting tips for my Victor torch. Is it best to buy Victor brand, or are there cheaper substitutes that are acceptable. Or just spend a few bucks more and get the best?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Well now you pose a question. You see Victor won the war. Smith, Harris, and Uniweld, all make torches now that use Victor tips. They had no choice if they wanted to be able to sell torches to big operations like shipyards.

So lots of companies make Victor style tips.

is a source for tips for almost any brand of torch.

I have never been able to tell any difference between brands of tips. BTW I use Victor in my shop and most of the hand torches at school are Victor.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler