D.O. Smith TIG wleder?

Anyone know anything about a D.O. Smith AC/DC/heliarc welder? There is one for sale locally but I've never heard of one, so I'm hesitant to even bother looking at it.

Not much on specs available, 200 amp, single phase.

tia,

Dan my '34 Ford Project:

34FiveWindow

IIRC, these are gas powered alternator setups. I almost bought one and bailed as soon as I found out how much he wanted for it.

"34FiveWindow" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... | Anyone know anything about a D.O. Smith AC/DC/heliarc welder? There is | one for sale locally but I've never heard of one, so I'm hesitant to | even bother looking at it. | | Not much on specs available, 200 amp, single phase. | | tia, | | Dan | my '34 Ford Project:

carl mciver