Difference between Arc and Wire Welding

Don't plan on doing aluminum with it. Unless you have a *very* short lead made up and weld *very* thin aluminum, these hobby welders will not do it.
I tried it and wasted a bunch of money.
I have the 135. It is capable of welding most anything steel you'll need. I've done 1/4" with mine on several occasions. Many here will say that you can't do it, but you can.
Good luck and have fun!! Oh, and buy an electronic helmet..makes all the difference.

local
volt
than
weighed
as
comes
By the way 7014 is a stick rod that welds on contact in fact on my old sears buzz box it has a setting for " contact rods ". The flux burns away at a rate that sets the arc gap for you very nicely . Just like 7024 does only you use this on a normal amp range .
Over the years I spent a lot of time trying to find the best weave, only now that I have a constant shake do I feel content !