Drive-shaft Welding Lathe For Sale

Guys I need some help here. I won an auction on eBay for a drive-shaft welding lathe, but it is in Michigan, and I am in Seattle.
The guy is not interested in shipping, and the one friend I have in the area was not able to connect with this guy on the one day he had open to get there and pick it up.
So I am trying to find somebody else to buy this thing who is close enough to just drive there and pick it up.
I have been looking for one for a while, and lept a bit too soon on this one.

I hope that address wrapped correctly.
Anyway, anybody in the lower Michigan area who is interested should email me directly.
I won the auction for $50, which is really cheap.

Hey Ernie, you want me to get this for you and ship it out? Alma is just up the road from me a bit.
Paul

[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

I am trying to figure out if the thing is worth shipping to Seattle. The guy who has it, is pretty clueless. I have tried to get dimensions and weights from him, but he seems to be very un-knowledgable about such things, to the point of useless.
I wish there was somebody in the area who could use it. They are great for butt welding tube and pipe pieces.

You might try this guy: Message: 2 Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:17:42 -0000
Subject: Empty trailer from IL, WI, MN back to OR & WA state
I am going to MN for the holidays and hauling a car on the way out there. I will have an empty 18' car trailer on the way back and would be interested in finding something to haul to help pay for gas along I80, I90 or I94 heading west.
Email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com if you need any help hauling anything. I should be leaving MN Jan 2 and be back in WA state Jan 4, 2004.
Kenny Whitman

Those of us living in flyover land can tell you that the distance from MN to MI is on the order of 700 miles!