Dump Truck repair

??
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
Good Armor plate match MIL-A 46100 or MIL-A-12560 Armor & Ballistic Steel Plate. CAT has their own spec/list - 1E0650 - 1863 (guessing here - HBN again)
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
jp2express wrote:

-
replying to jp2express, Alex wrote: Thanks for the information. What you thing which welding machine is good for aluminum
Yes - T1 = 360 BHN and on the low end of target material. I use 400+ for mine so they will stand hot loads of some pistols.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Gunner wrote:

-
Alloy & Abrasion Resistant plate. AR400F as an example.
Not pushing this company or such - have their stuff and it works.
http://www.chapelsteel.com/alloy-abrasion-resistant.html
We shoot at AR plate. Min spec is 360 (BHN) to 400. .308 demands 500F and when one puts a 30-06 into a pistol - wow anyway!
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
jp2express wrote:

-

anyway!
How does that stuff stand up to welding? I see it is through hardened, does the welding take it back to the softer state?
AWEM
A narrow zone is softened - it must be quenched post weld. And I dump into a tub of water myself. It becomes near spec. Without it, the zone can break or shear.
Andrew Mawson wrote:

-