Electrode for sand rail chassis?

So what's the difference ? I don't know about Maseratis, but Astons are a tube spaceframe clad with aluminium. The aluminium panels aren't load-bearing (i.e. it's still a spaceframe structurally, not a monocoque). Is superleggera a stressed panel method, and is it inaccurate to describe Astons as using it ?

(It's also a real sod for galvanic corrosion where the panels touch the tubes)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The difference is basically one is a body and the other is a frame. Super Leggera is a way of constructing a light support structure for a body - the whole works is then mounted on a frame - often a ladder type with two big tubes front to rear with brackets to attach motors, suspension etc. A space frame is is a bunch of little tubes that make the actual frame of the car, usually a very light (fiberglass or aluminium) self supporting body is clipped to it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Basically the only difference between brazing and nickle-bronze welding is the alloy. You do need to use more heat to get NB to flow, and it does make those nice fillet joints easier to form. It typically has a lot more strength, up to about 120Kpsi depending on the rod. You would use it with flux, or preferably with a gas fluxer. I haven't tried Tig-ing it

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Thanks Brian !!!

Info is now filed under "Thing I Have to Know but Will Probably Never Use" Category. Lotsa stuff there !! ;)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sellers