Filler for copper

The welding shops do not understand what I want when I ask about filler for tig welding copper. I'm probably asking the question wrong.

  1. What type / brand filler rod should I ask for to tig weld copper?

  1. What type / brand filler rod should I ask for to tig braze weld copper?

Thanks Glenn

Reply to
grd750

You can buy deoxidized copper filler rod in 36" cut lengths. The only reason to spend the big money top get deoxidized copper is if you are welding some aerospace thing.

I use bare 18 gauge copper wire bought in a 5 lb. spool. You can buy regular insulated solid copper wire and just strip the insulation off.

The TIG Braze-weld copper I would use Silicon bronze filler rod.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler