Tig Braze Welding

When tig braze welding copper with silicon bronze rod do you get the base material molten? When I tried it the filler didn't flow til there was a puddle of the base material. This is different then what I'm used to with brazing with OA.

Thanks Glenn

Reply to
grd750

Copper and bronze are very close in melting temp. Copper is around 2200 degF, Silicon Bronze around 1700 degF.

It is difficult to get bronze to flow without starting to melt the copper.

If you move to Sil-Phos bronze it will flow at an even lower temp.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler