Finding steel supply in Orlando?

I am new to welding and am looking for a steel supply store in the Orlando area that offers reasonable prices for its products. I am looking at making a railing for my porch (After MUCH practice) as one of my first projects, and thus need square steel tubing. I found that the prices at

were very reasonable(~$50 for a 3"x3"

24 foot piece), but shipping to Orlando would be quite expensive. On the other hand, looking at MetalSupermarket in Tampa, the price quoted for the same piece (A little thicker) was $290!!! Is there a place in Orlando that sells steel at more reasonable prices, perhaps wholesale to individuals?

Thank You,

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hi Tom: I live in the orlando area and there is a great surplus store located in Sanford named ACME surplus it is located in the port of Sanford ind. park, the owners name is Terry Adolf, they have new alum shapes and plate, S/S steel plate and shapes, steel plate and shapes, tool steel, brass, copper, around a 750,000 to 1,000,000 lbs. or so and all sorts of machine tools, bits, cutters etc. lots of motors and gen. ind. stuff of all types. incl. lathes, mills, benders etc. To give you an idea of there pricing the alum and stainless shapes and plate go for $2.00 a lb.!! for as much or as little as you want. Almost all alum. and stainless are marked as to there type (6061T651, 7000 series, 4043 alum ,304, 308, 316 s/s ect.) the same with there tool steel. You can spend several days there and not see it all. Tell Terry or Cameron that Bill Kravis sent you, I broker for them on some items and are good friends of mine, Here is there number: 407-328-1280. There is a Scrap yard located just down the road from there ( ask Terry where it is ) by the same name (ACME) they work closely with them, it has a big warehouse full of goodies too. Hope this helps: Bill Kravis

Reply to
<bkravis

Thank you so much for this lead...

This place is right by the marina, so I can go boating and buy steel in one trip... Perfect.

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> > > I am new to welding and am looking for a steel supply store in the

wholesale

located

steel,