George and Steel Tarifs

FYI:

You have to give Bush credit:

"PITTSBURGH (Reuters) - President Bush picked up $850,000 in campaign contributions in the heart of America's steel industry on Tuesday even as he prepared to lift tariffs that have been helping the steelmakers.

Supporters of the tariffs lodged a last-ditch effort to keep the protections in place. Bush heard arguments from Pennsylvania Republican Sen. Arlen Specter and U.S. Steel Corp. Chairman Tom Usher, a sponsor of the campaign fund-raiser which the Bush re-election campaign said had been planned long before the steel decision became imminent.

Scores of steelworkers demonstrated near the Pittsburgh site of Bush's event."

In admiration,

Marv

Reply to
Marv Soloff

No need to -give- him credit, with his deficit spending he is creating his own credit.

Dick

Reply to
D.B.

Heck, that's *nothing*. You should see what rep Tom DeLay tried to push through - a 'get out of jail free, no lawsuits' rider to the recent energy bill. It would have immunized companies like Lyondell Chemical from state lawsuits involving contaminated drinking water wells.

Of course this involves MTBE, the oxygenate that reduced pollution by 10 percent and decreases gas mileage by 12 percent.

No suprise, Lyondell was the biggest single contributor to DeLay's 2004 campaign. The best politicans money can buy - purchased by the Oxygenated Fuels Association, the folks who lobbied long and hard to get MTBE added into gas in the first place.

And oddly enough, one of the guys who stood up to them and filubustered the rider to a halt was that favorite evil-doer, Chuck Shumer. Every cloud has an MTBE-free lining.

Jim

jim rozen

Why would you give someone credit for getting his butt in a crack and trying to squirm out? Bush wanted votes from the steel states so he made all the rest of us pay 30% more for our raw material. Now his chickens are coming home to roost. You want to give him credit for that? AND NOW he walks away with another million in big steel bribes for his next campaign. He's got one heavy set of gonads. The problem is that we are the jock strap.

I give him credit for be> FYI:

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

And it will last a lot longer than he does. Our children gonna be paying for it for centuries.

Regards,

Marv

D.B. wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

Glenn:

Tongue is way back in cheek.

Regards,

Marv

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

Let me know when he starts getting $10,000 contributions from impoverished Buddhist nuns, ok?

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

Or selling pardons Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

If they were impoverished, where did they get $10,000? Running something on the side, were they?

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Bush does that a little more efficiently; he makes sure the offender doesn't get prosecuted in the first place. Ever hear of Ken "Kenny Boy" Lay?

Reply to
Jedd Haas

I don't think it was on the side.......

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

  1. Lie
Gunner

Yup... Cosco from the looks of it.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

From the looks of it..they are indeed working on his indictment:

"Enron indicted in wind farm fraud By Dale Kasler SACRAMENTO BEE

The Enron Corp. scandal is touching, in an indirect way, a small, eco-friendly corner of the energy industry: California wind farms.

The latest round of indictments against Enron insiders accuses former Chief Financial Officer Andrew Fastow and his wife Lea of participating in a scheme to mask Enron's illegal ownership in a group of California wind farms -- and then siphoning off tens of thousands of dollars in farm profits for themselves.

The charges are part of a broader set of accusations filed recently in U.S. District Court in Houston against the couple and other one-time employees in connection with Enron's collapse.

Andrew Fastow, who was also indicted in October, is the highest-ranking Enron executive charged so far. The defendants said they'll fight the charges. Lea Fastow is the former assistant treasurer at Enron."

Now..about Hillary Clinton......

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Jeez Gunner - that sure sounds like Bush re Medicare and Weapons of Mass Distruction and the battle for Iraq is over.

Deja view all over again - to quote Mr. Berra

Regards,

Marv

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

Funny. That is exactly the methodology that Faux News, Ann Coulter and Rush use. Does that mean that they are Leftest?

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

I think I'm glad I don't see the same news as you chaps

Mark Rand (in BBC land) RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The Buddhist nuns story was one of the more entertaining moments on our TV news. I was sure that next they'd find that some Santarian witch doctor was contributing used chickens or something.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yeah sure. I'll be elected pope the same day he gets indicted!

Abrasha

Abrasha

Hmmm,

And I thought that is how the right works. Oh no, I got that wrong again. That's how they all work in politics. Tell me something I don't know yet.

You just think you got the left figured out don't you. Your blind anger towards the left is beginning to sound quite funny. I like you helplessness and lack of control in this regard.

Keep it up, as I'm sure you will until the day you die.

The more I read your silly diatribes the funnier they become.

Abrasha

Abrasha