FS: 120v MIG gasless Welder on ebay

started the bid at $.99 - it's a nice little welder, just not big enough for what I need to do.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Why do people insist on calling it "gasless MIG"?

If you remove the gas - the "G" in MIG - then it can no longer be MIG, can it?

"Fluxcore" is the more correct terminology.

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Because everyone has heard of MIG from all the shows on Discovery channel and such but very few have heard of fluxcore. If you're trying to sell it you almost HAVE to call it a MIG. By saying gasless MIG he's only borrowing from the manufacturers' way of selling it to those who don't know any better. :-)

BTW, I'm not arguing your point and happen to agree with it but I recently sold one for a friend and ran into the same problem. There was no interest whatsoever for the 6 weeks I had it listed as a fluxcore in the local sales paper. When I changed it to MIG capable it sold in about 2 days.

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall

"Keith Marshall" wrote: (clip) When I changed it to MIG capable it sold in about 2 days. ^^^^^^^^^^^ However, there is a distinction between a MIG welder which can be used with or without gas (fluxcore), and an welder which has no provision for gas, and can run fluxcore only.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

or without gas (fluxcore), and an welder which has no provision for gas, and can run fluxcore only.

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Hustling your merchandise on these newsgroups is a violation of your terms of service, and if you are caught, your account will be cancelled. Quit spamming.-Jitney

Reply to
jitney

BS - read the TOS before quoting them.

Reply to