gas cutting specs with sight correction

Hi Got welding visor sorted - fresnel lens before filter. Now - 'nother similar matter but can't see solution. Want something I can keep in my welding bag - and old day-bag - which
offers me a sight-correct moderate shade. Ideally it would be darkened specs with optical correction - but that isn't available cheaply. Ordinary reading glasses and a dark wrap-around visor - the visor is rather large and is unlikely to be there when needed. Anyone got a good solution?
Regards Rich
On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 4:45:29 PM UTC-5, Richard Smith wrote:

Neutral density "slip in" filter glasses, like they give out after eye exam s when they dilate your eyes? Basically a flat cutout piece of plastic tha t slips in between your face and your other glasses, it has "ears" that sti ck out at each end to rest on the sidepieces.

Thanks. Double-stacked reading glasses and tinted specs for oxy and plasma together. Not a good look but worked. Best wishes, Rich
writes:

Perhaps you could cut a rectangular magnifying "cheater" lens into disks to fit round goggles: https://www.tgsindustrial.co.uk/welding-c6/welding-helmets-spares-protective-clothing-c47/swp-2-round-welding-goggles-p1644

Like it! Yes you could fit lenses in those and they fold up small to be always in the toolbox. Best wishes, Rich Smith
writes:

Yesterday I bought a 2" x 4" cheater lens to try the idea myelf, once I've figured how to hold the square lens halves centered in the lathe without scratching them. The first try may be friction tape on the end of 1-1/2" plastic pipe in the chuck, to grip and center the convex side, and a short piece of rubber hose between the flat side and a live center in the tailstock. -jsw