Gas lens

Are they worth the cost ? Looks like for about 30 bucks or so I can get a kit that will handle most everything I might do . Is there that much of a
gas saving ? I can see by the smoke demo that the flow is much smoother , and that's gotta be a good thing . Hmm , I might look at my collet holders and see if I can apply a "presidential solution" to this application .
--
Snag

I like em. Gas costs the same..but with a lens..it lasts longer
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Terry Coombs wrote:

Yes. Not entirely sure why they make non-gas lens anymore, perhaps just because they are a bit more compact than the gas lens equivalent.

Maybe because it's cheaper and this way they can sell you more stuff ... Kinda like buying a Harley .
--
Snag
BTW I do own

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nailed it!!!
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of

OK , so last night I bought a set on eBay , $15.50 for an 18 pc set that covers from .040 to 1/8" electrodes . Coming from China , so it'll be the first part of August before they arrive . Side-by-side comparisons when I have the stuff in hand .
--
Snag

Damn , just checked the order from last night and it's NOT a gas lens set , just regular collets/holders . Shoulda waited until I was sober ... -- Snag
wrote >>>

Shrug....you are gonna need em anyways, so you didnt mis-order.
Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of

Gas lenses are all I ever use. They cut your gas use in half and give better gas coverage. Also you can slide the tungsten tip twice as far from the cup.