Gas lens

Are they worth the cost ? Looks like for about 30 bucks or so I can get a kit that will handle most everything I might do . Is there that much of a gas saving ? I can see by the smoke demo that the flow is much smoother , and that's gotta be a good thing . Hmm , I might look at my collet holders and see if I can apply a "presidential solution" to this application .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I like em. Gas costs the same..but with a lens..it lasts longer

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes. Not entirely sure why they make non-gas lens anymore, perhaps just because they are a bit more compact than the gas lens equivalent.

Reply to
Pete C.

Maybe because it's cheaper and this way they can sell you more stuff ... Kinda like buying a Harley .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nailed it!!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"Gunner Asch" wrote

OK , so last night I bought a set on eBay , $15.50 for an 18 pc set that covers from .040 to 1/8" electrodes . Coming from China , so it'll be the first part of August before they arrive . Side-by-side comparisons when I have the stuff in hand .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Damn , just checked the order from last night and it's NOT a gas lens set , just regular collets/holders . Shoulda waited until I was sober ... -- Snag

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Shrug....you are gonna need em anyways, so you didnt mis-order.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gas lenses are all I ever use. They cut your gas use in half and give better gas coverage. Also you can slide the tungsten tip twice as far from the cup.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler