Gas lens nozzle

Does anyone know of a supplier that sells clear pyrex gas lens nozzles? The nozzle is clear you see thourgh it while TIG welding.

Reply to
Lance

dogalone

CK Worldwide

They are called Gas Savers.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Does anyone know of a supplier that sells clear pyrex gas lens nozzles? The nozzle is clear you see thourgh it while TIG welding. _____________________________________________________

Ernie Leimkuhler wote:

CK Worldwide

They are called Gas Savers. _____________________________________________________

Reply to
Lance

I have never heard of such a thing. I have been TIG welding for 20 years, and teaching TIG welding for 6.5 years.

If you find such a thing let me know.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

mentions clear glass nozzles, but unfortunately no photos. I have seen a photo of a clear one somewhere, I'll keep looking.

Reply to
Statics

I can tell you that if there is a clear glass nozzle it is :

  1. Pyrex
  2. Crystal quality 'glass'.

Not just any glass can stand up to the temp and nominal bumps without shattering.

Wonder if someone did Sapphire ? :-)

Mart>

mentions clear glass nozzles, but unfortunately no

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Anealing temp for pyrex is 1050 deg F. You would probably have to have one made out of quartz or a clear ceramic.

John M

Reply to
John M

The stuff is called Ferroceram and is used for fireplace door windows.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

That's it! - Have some on my Wood Stove. Clear and tough stuff. I was told it was tougher than pyrex for fires. I think Pyrex can take ramp up and ramp down, not hot jerk up and down.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Tig Depot sells clear nozzles kits made from pyrex tube. The nozzle does not screw on to the gas lens like the type I have seen before.

Lance

Those are the CK Gas Saver gas lenses

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Weldcraft makes a TIG torch MT-125 that uses quartz & glass nozzles. It's Weldcraft's 125amp water cooled micro TIG welding torch.

See page #12, MT-125.

Lance