Gas tanks with company name on collar

In another piece of good news, both acetylene tanks seem to be either full or partially full, so I will not be taking them for a refill tomorrow. I will get oxygen and some inert gas, have not decided which one yet, most likely argon.

Since acetylene is dissolved in acetone, it would seem to be difficult to estimate how much of it remains, by just taking pressure reading, right?

Ignoramus13094

Full tank is about 200 PSI, half full tank 100 PSI etc. Estimation, no problem.

Reply to
RJ

Friend of mine had this experience about ten years ago. Called the police when they wouldn't give him back his tank. He took another guy in with him. The collar stamp was from another company, and the PO told the counter guy that because this was not the company whose neck stamp was on the bottle, he was not a legal agent or assign of the company who actually owned the bottle. He had to return it. Don't know what he finally did with the bottle but he got it back.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

They usually go by weight. The dry weight of the tank is stamped on it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler