Tanks update, many things and hopefully last post on this.

The gas supply place "American Gases" that I visited, transferred the account to me, so I can exchange tanks freely without problems. They did not even charge me any transfer fees. I convinced them that I am a legit buyer. So I am no longer worried about title to the tanks, etc. Their prices are very reasonable compared to another place (Terrace supply).

The only minus was that the guy was 40 minutes late to open.

Today, I filled up a argon tank (second to me) and oxygen tank. As I said earlier, there is at least some acetylene in the two acetylene tanks (145 and 397 CF) so I will use it up before refilling. The seller told me that the acet. tanks are full.

I bought a O/A welding and cutting tool kit on ebay made by Matco

so soon I will be able to try the tanks and see how much acetylene is left.

SteveB, you are right and I will not use that hook.

Fran, delivery is $17 flat rate, so maybe I will use their delivery but maybe I will not, so as not to freak out the neighbors.

I think that, all in all, the deal was good.

Reply to
Ignoramus20172

It kind of looks like a victor torch handle the way the back flow devices are incorporated into the area near the knobs. Now you are going to have to hunt down a bunch more welding heads with different mixers and tip tubes. The 145 acety and 220 oxygen are a common combination for tank carts, I have the one in front of each other (with 40 and 80 size tanks currently in it) which is narrower but tends to tip over while moving it as the side by side type is available and generally the huge acetylene cylinders are seen in that type. You will need a cylinder shut off wrench and perhaps an adapter as not all of the acetylene tanks attach to the regulator in the same manner.

I tried putting American gases into a search engine and didn't get much one place in Toledo Ohio.

What about the haz mat fee do they charge that?

Fran

Reply to
fran...123

Matco is a line I have seen in auto parts stores before.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I will check out that torch and maybe call Matco to find out what it is compatible with.

I will pick up a cart soon too.

I do not think that they charged me a hazmat fee.

Reply to
Ignoramus20172