Heading to the Bay Area for a week.

Well guys I am heading South to Berkeley to visit friends and family. I will be there for a week or more. I am driving down Thursday. Hoping to get through the Siskuos without a snowstorm.

I will be teaching a TIG class at Ed Haas's place in Santa Rosa on Monday. I don't know how many are planning to come. Ed is handling that. Ed is out of Town until this weekend, but hopefully he is checking his email.

I am bringing a pile of copies of my TIG handbook from school so anybody who shows up can have a copy.

I am not sure how much I will be covering, but I am bringing a bunch of strange filler rods and some backpurging stuff. I am not bringing down my inverter because it is just too risky with it being out of warranty and all. Ed has a TIG, and a readywelder.

If it looks like a lot of people are interested I may be able to find an alternate venue in Oakland.

I know this is short warning, but I wasn't exactly sure when I was leaving.

I will be monitoring the group through Google, and I can get my email online.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Be carefull on the passes. Have a safe round trip!

Larry

Larry

Bummer - I know Ed and have a TIG, but have workmen here Monday to repair a Gutter (replace) and I have to monitor and pay. Rats.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Ernie,

If any of what you'll be doing is appropriate for beginners I'd be interested in coming, espcially if you'll be in Oakland.

Reply to
Peter Grey

Hi, Ernie.

Honk thirteen times when you pass milepost 27 on I-5, thats just south of Kalama, Wa.

And here's an open invite for anyone to shoot me an email if you want my address for a rest stop and the ten cent tour if you happen to find yourself in or passing through SW Washington.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Giving out a "SHOUT" from Everett WA. ~~~!!!!!...............Frank ...Nevarc Marine Specailties

Reply to
Frank & Jenny Craven

It will be a general intro and discussion of TIG for all. If too many people are interested I amy push it back a day and move it to a larger venue in Oakland at a friend's shop, or just run it twice. I am bring copies of my TIG book from school.

Reply to
ernie

--Woohoo! If anyone is interested email me and I'll send you driving directions; I'd rather not broadcast the whereabouts of the "Haas-inda" to the world, heh. --On the road; interesting time. Left Vegas after CES and a wild time shooting machine guns last night (zowie; the AK-47 packs a wallop!) and hit not one but two snowstorms on my way to Los Angeles; very scary driving without snowchains; maybe I should rig an oxy-acetylene torch in front of my tires, to melt the ice next time? ;-)

Reply to
steamer

Let us know what the plans are. I'd rather drive to Oakland than San Rafael.

Reply to
Peter Grey

Steamer -

Good grief - one would think the alternator is driving a 12 to 220 inverter and the TIG machine is working between two plates in front - arc and then vaporize. Never run out of electrons - less one uses to much gas.

Take care and best regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

For now we are sticking with the Monday gathering in Santa Rosa. I may run another later in the week in Oakland if there is enough interest, as in 5 - 6 people.

Reply to
stagesmith