Hobart Handler 180 opinions

Hi all! I am about to purchase a new welder, and was wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience with this welder? I can get a deal on this, everything brand new, including the tank already filled, for about $630. I will be using it to do general welding around the shop, as we race stockcars for circletrack racing. I usually weld up a rollcage once a year, plus crash repairs, trailer repairs, sometimes sheetmetal repairs on street cars, such as rocker panels, ect. So I won't be using it daily, just once every week or 2, more in springtime while building a car, less in winter. Any thoughts are appreciated, I just recently started to lurk here, this seems like a nice group of guys in here! Thanks, Earl

Reply to
big"e" lewis

I have the earlier version of this welder, the Hobart 175, and I like it a lot. I mostly do art welding - sculpture, furniture, brackets, etc., so I might not be using it the same way you plan to, but I can tell you that it has plenty of power and very smooth operation. I recommend it to others all the time.

Reply to
Emmo