Hobart handler 140 vs handler135

I am ready to pick up a small mig for home use and have decided on the Hobart. The local HF has a handler 135 in stock. Is there any advantage to the handler 140 that would be worth waiting for? I don't care about the "extra" capacity as I will probably continue to use stick for anything over 1/8".

Thanks

Robert Cheeks Riverside CA

Reply to
Robert Cheeks

nope...they're both 90 amps unless fed by a 30amp dedicated circuit and no extension cord.

Reply to
Jamie Arnold (W)

I would suggest looking at a local welding suply shop instead of HF for that welder. I just bought a Hobart 180 for $100 less than the HF price on the 175!

Welding shops sometimes sell at cost or just above then try to rape you on consumables (This same shop that sold me a 180 for $519 tried to sell me a plasma torch tip for $18 that on line is normally $3.50

HF can be insanely cheap on some things, but name brand stuff they are usually no bargain... Might even find it for less on line with free shipping!

Larry

Reply to
Larry

When I bought my Handler 135, the local shops were quite a bit less expensive than mail order. They also threw in a ton of stuff, 12lb roll of wire, nice gloves, shield and set the machine up and let me weld with it in their shop before I took it home.

Reply to
Jamie Arnold (W)