Tepco 2200 electrostatic air cleaner

I bought this Tepco 2200 air cleaner from an auction several months ago. I installed it on the ceiling in my shop and it worked great for several weeks and then it quit arcing. ( the familiar snapping noise you hear in bars) Does anyone have an owners / troubleshooting manual for this machine? It was built in 1973 but about the only thing that can go bad is the transformer as far as I can see. Help me please, I hate eating smoke. Steve Peterson

Reply to
Steve Peterson

RoyJ

transformer as

If it is like the electrostatic precipitators I've seen before, it is likely clogged with dirt. There should be ionizing wires and collector plates inside. Clean them both thoroughly and allow to dry COMPLETELY before reinstalling and turning on. Should work fine again.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn