How to ID Chrome Molly

I need some welding done on a go kart. I was told the frame is chrome molly.

How do I ID the tubing before I take it in for welding?

Mike

Reply to
amdx

We we get our race car inspected they sonic check the tubing to get wall thickness. CM and mild steel are different. And they have a spring loaded punch they make a dent with and measure to see how hard it is. If you measure the OD of the tubing and the wall thickness you should be able to look it up.

Al

Reply to
Big Al