I need to design hanging tv stand that rotates

I'm working on a sliding, rotating, and rising prototype tv stand in design stage. I cant' find an "off the shelf" "lazy susan" that can
handle tension Hang from the cieling with no lateral play. How would I create one that needs only to rotate no more than 180 degrees, hold 100 #'s, has no lateral play, can rpute wires through, doesn't require lathe fabing, not too expensive (less than $20 0and lookx sharp? Thankx in advance. Vittorio www.ironworkx,com
Have you ever tried capturing tubing with small 6000 series ball bearings ?? You can make linear slides that run on the outside of square tube or round tube. Great way to run gates etc back and forth. You can get those small bearings for around three bucks each depending on size. Something like a 5/8 bore for a 5/8 bolt would be closer to ten dollars. Randy
I'm working on a sliding, rotating, and rising prototype tv stand in design stage. I cant' find an "off the shelf" "lazy susan" that can handle tension Hang from the cieling with no lateral play. How would I create one that needs only to rotate no more than 180 degrees, hold 100 #'s, has no lateral play, can rpute wires through, doesn't require lathe fabing, not too expensive (less than $20 0and lookx sharp? Thankx in advance. Vittorio www.ironworkx,com
Cars have rather sturdy bearings here is some pics of some guys messing with one.
might give you some ideas.. http://www.otherpower.com/davesmill.html
Peter

I realized last night that linear bearings are the more professional way to rotate a vertically adjustable, horizonally traveling, load from a ceiling. My "lazy Susan" idea was a bit crude in retrospect. My Problem with any external bearing idea, is appearance of such an assembly. I'm either going to have to sweat out a detail where perhaps the bearing resides within the 2" x 2" & 2.5" x 2.5" vertical telesope or locate a single, massive, yet compact linear bearing between the telescope and the sliding carrage above. I'm very psyched about this tv/computor stand. If it succedes the furniture piece will allow me to sit, stand, and lay at the tv/computor/cctv/telephone/multimedia constellation. All of the signal wiring will feed in from the ceiling, and travel through a black reinforced nylon cable carrier (by Kableshlep, Germany)10'-6" = $205.00. It will slide 16'-0" along the ceiling, passing an area in my bedroom where I can stand at the station, and finally stopping at an office chair, where I can draft for hours on end without dealing with the difficulty of being stuck in one position during a creative thread.
With a couple motion detectors you could make it follow you around the room too...
just put them up high enough to miss the cat.
Peter

Try finding a small crane hook they rotate and have maybe a 3/4" hole or why not make it a bushing fit you might need the friction to keep it in the position that you want
Over the years I spent a lot of time trying to find the best weave, only now that I have a constant shake do I feel content !
The first thing I would do is to take the back of the TV and see if I could support it by hanging it from the top. If not I would see if I could modify it internally so that I could.

Site Timeline