rtext rotates

I have rtext in my titleblock. when I cut a viewport in paperspace and set the view in that window to back view, all my rtext entities in paper
space rotates.
I have seen something like this before, but it was so long ago, I can't remember.
UCSFOLLOW seems to tickle my memory, but no joy. help?
I could explode the rtext, but I would rather understand what is happening to me.
thanks.