Is my newbie ? stupid?

Please help. I have posted the same question twice now and zero replies. If somebody could help me I would really apreciate it (NEWBIE). I purchased a arc-140 welder (it was originally supposed to be a 120) and would like to know if wired for115, I could run this from my generator (2500watts/18 amps) if I keep the power down so as not to trip the ciriut breaker (18 amps). Or should I just buy a bigger generator like the one I saw in Harbor Freight, a 9hp/4500watts? Thanks

Reply to
SWORDFISH

Andrew Hollis Wakefield

It will run on a light load 15A. I have done that in the past.On mine I am going to make a pig tail so I can plug into the 20A side on my 5500 Gen. so I can kick it up. I run mine on 20A in the garage from the Washer hook-up and I can tell the difference running on the gen. at 15A. I would spend the money if you do not have 20A. You never know if you will need to kick it up a notch for thicker metal Just my .04 Keep the change on the .02 info. Don

Reply to
Don D

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Reply to
SWORDFISH