Machine reputation

Anyone have any trouble with the 220v (1Ph) Hobart mig welders in the

175-180 amp range? How hard is it to get Hobart parts? My service center is 185 miles away, so if I purchase Hobart, I want to be able to do most the work myself. . . . .any info will be appreciated. thanks to one and all. . . . charlie
Reply to
Charles S

As I understand it, Hobart is out of business, and are selling re-labled Miller welders, so parts should be easy to get.

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

Hobart is now a subsidiary of Miller. Parts are easy to get for machines up to 15 years old.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

We have a Betamig200 that gets regular use. No probs with consumables, most of the parts other than the transformer are comodity items, and anything we have needed in the last couple years (darn near mothing, to be sure. Rugged machine) hes been available.

Note that many of the larger machines are NOT supported by Hobart, but went to one of several other companies (Thermadyne was one, I think) when ITW, the holding company that owns Miller and the Hobart name, bought Hobart. Antitrust action forced a seperation of business units.

Thermadyne still supports many of the old Larger Hobarts. Specifically they got everything 300 amps and bigger.

They still support our old Megamig 350's and 450's at school and they are about 25 years old.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Reply to
Robie

I get all my feed rolls and other things for my Hobart feeder through Thermal. Great stuff by the way. Scott

Reply to
scott