Lens shade important?

I've been welding for over 15 years, and still use a #11 as much as possible, but someone else as told me to use a weaker lens, its actually easier on the eyes, and makes it easier to see the joint (I'm a pipe welder). Would any of you experts have an opinion on this? Thanks to all.

Reply to
Some1

Hello,

I'm a pipe welder of 25 years and have always used a #10 shade. Never gone lighter than that and don't reccomend a #9 or lighter.. hope that was of some help... Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil