lincoln mig welders

I have a Lincoln SP-170. Is the Lincoln MIG Pak-15 the exact same machine ? They replaced the SP-170 with the SP-175 which has infinitely variable amperage but the mig-pak-15 seems like it is the same as mine. 5 heat settings with max of 170 amps.

Reply to
habbi

The SP-175+ is the variable voltage version.

The MIG Pak 15, SP-170T and SP-175T are all the same. I'm pretty sure the T stands for Tap(s). I believe the Pro MIG 175 sold by Lowes is also the same and Home Depot used to sell one called the HDxxxx (I can't remember what 4 numbers they used) but they dont' show it on their site any more. The Weld Pak 150 is also the same but it didn't come with the gas kit.

I have an SP-170T. My neighbor has a MIG Pak 15. When I got mine he had an "air of superiority" thinking his was better for some reason so I compared part numbers and they were identical except for the decal/plackard on the front panel. :-)

Someone once suggested that the 15/150's were the ones that didn't quite pass the same quality control tests and that may be true but I doubt it. I think they just labeled them different to appeal to different groups of buyers.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I got a SP 175 +, and I really like it.