welding scene by charlies angels girls

just rented the movie. although most of the movie had stunts which were highly unbelievable (as was the poor plot) there was a convincing scene showing the girls (cameron diaz, drew barrymore and lucy liu) disguised as arc welders. the three were welding a patch on the side of a ship.finally they take off their masks and jump into the water.

i played the scene over a few times and it appeared that it really was them welding. and in the end of movie credits scenes where they decided to show taped blunders occuring during production, they show drew barrymor jumping after kneeling on a hot cinder.

did anyone else see it?

Reply to
Sam

I saw a few minutes of the movie and regret that I had to let that kind of trash into my brain. It really hurt.

Reply to
Atlas Shrugged

Reply to
Robert Ball

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

They pulled the same stuff during a walk through of the Hangar Bay in "Top Gun". The scene showed several torches cutting away on aircraft with sparks showering all over the deck- this would NEVER have taken place in a real hangar bay aboard any Aircraft Carrier in the USN.

Hollywood makes it look so dramatic (any way they can). Authenticity is definitely NOT a factor.

MikeR

Reply to
MikeR

we are at the topic of ; welding in movies movie ; pich black the main caracter (VIn diesel) has an A/O torch in his hand ready to cut a hole/opening in the metal wall a few frames later the A/O torch turned in to a plasma cutter

that is the kind of equipment I would need in my shop, one minute it is an A/O torch next second it is a plasma cutter> :-)

Reply to
acrobat-ants

Reply to
carl mciver

I really get chapped when I see those people cutting with a welding helmet. Then they bring up their helmet, and it is a long haired blonde. That hair would last about two hours in the real world before it had big bald spots and black clumps.

And, they have a pure acetylene flame that is spewing mucho black stringers ................

Steve

Reply to
SteveB