Miller 200?

A welding supplier in So. Cal. has a Miller 200 for sale for $600.
It apparently has been checked by their techs and is in good operating
condition.
Is this a fair or good price?
Im needing to replace an elderly Dan-Mig 140/200
I need a machine that will do .045 Dual Shield ..welding rusty old
corral fencing, rusty old structural steel and so forth around the
homestead. Most of course will be .035 mild steel..but I need the
ability. Pluse Ive about 10 rolls of Dual Shield...
Is this capable or desireable?
Id also be interested in trading machine tools for a decent mig..lathes,
mills, etc etc
Or a marvelously clean Airco PhaseArc 350, ready to rock and roll..but
3phase..damnit...that Id trade for a single phase machine.
Gunner
- Proverbs 22:3
Reply to
Gunner
That is an equivalent machine to the newer Millermatic 250's and 251's.
Just like the Hobart Betamig 200's 250's and 2510's.
They can all run 0.045" dual shield. Just make sure the gun is running big heavy duty tips. The tips should be 5/16" diameter to take the heat of dual shield.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
Thanks Ernie
Much obliged