Miller Spoolmate 3035

I have a Miller Spoolmate 3035 spool gun. Perhaps you can help. The little figure eight shaped clear cover over the wire drive gears is missing. Do you have that part available? Price? Part number?

Bob

Reply to
Bob La Londe

In case anybody was interested HTP America had one in stock for $10.56 including shipping. Kinda pricey for such a tiny bit of plastic, but a lot cheaper than my time to setup to cut one one out of acrylic on the little CNC router.

$7.95 plus postage and the part number 187 239

I would have bought two of them, but they only had one. Maybe I'll touch probe it before I slap it on my gun so I can make one faster if I lose it again.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ours has been missing for years, Very rarely is it an issue, once in a great while, the handle of a clamp intrudes into the drive and shorts on a screw, but as likely to just short the wire in the space between the spool and the gun.

Dumb design, though it worked OK until somebody else ran the machine for a while when I was out of town and lost the cover.

You can buy several rolls of tape for $!0.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

As a bit of fun I have been considering using the cover as a touch probe project for the tiny mill I plan to set up just for touch probe projects. Then I could throw a sheet of acrylic plastic on a set of alignment on the CNC router and make a hundred of them. LOL. Too many projects, not enough time.

Reply to
Bob La Londe