New Milwaukee brand circular saw

Saw a picture of their new circular saw designed for metal cutting.

I think it's made for the new metal blades you guys are always talking bout -

or

----------------------------

Also - there is a very interesting article at the Milwaukee website about counterfeit hand tools showing up around trade shows and elsewhere.

Reply to
Critter

It looks a lot like the Evolution saw being sold by Jancy and others. Interesting. I heard Porter Cable was coming out with one too.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I saw the Porter Cable. It looks identical to the Evolution and Milwaukee saws.

> 006B6C69?OpenDocument

Reply to
AL

How loud are these things? Louder than an abrasive chopsaw?

Reply to
TheAndroid

The chopsaw versions are very loud, but the skilsaw style ones are not as loud. I have a Porter Cable 1410 dry-cut chopsaw, and a Skil 77 wormdrive with a steel cutting blade on it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I hope they (Milwaukee) come out with a 7 1/4" blade as well as the 8" they are producing. Maybe the competition among the blade manufactures will bring the prices down.

I wonder why Milwaukee went with an 8" blade instead of the more common 7 1/4"?

Reply to
Maurice

That Milwaukee machine sure looks nice, but I wonder if those fancy metal cutting blade could also be used in a regular woodworking circular saw. Anybody tried?

I could not find at the web site, would you have an url handy?

Reply to
jerry_tig2003

Tenryu Steelpro blades and Morse Metal Devil blades are intended to be used in 7-1/4" worm drive skilsaws.

Matsushita also makes a good one.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:52:39 -0800, jerry_tig2003 wrote (in message ):

Anybody know what the price is on this puppy?

Roger In Vegas Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Reply to
Roger Hull

I dont know what the price is on that thing. I would buy their belt sander first for my needs -

But one thing I noticed about Milwaukee - they advertise a lot of tools in their flyers which dont seem to show up at the website.

They have a very large diameter (14 in ?) hand held chopsaw which takes the large sintered carbide blades - for steel or concrete. It has the body of their largest angle grinder - but it has a cutoff wheel on it instead of sanding disks. Truly awe inspiring - but difficult to locate at the website.

Reply to
Critter

My bet on the larger blade - several :

  1. so we don't put this new blade in our wood working tools and get hurt.
  2. more teeth per rev. If it is a triple chip blade that would help.

I'm surprised it wasn't like a heavy duty diamond blade - almost smooth circle with carbide or boron in the places were diamond would be.

Maybe they did.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

Lowest price I've found so far (it should be here on Friday :)

Tom Lawrence

Just read somewhere - the teeth on those blades are "cermet" - a composite of metal and ceramic - once thought to be a somewhat useless material not so long ago.

Anybody know anything about weldability of cermets ?

Anyone ever seen this stuff ??

I think that there are several ways to create a cermet - one method is to use a ceramic like a sponge to soak up molten metal. Theoretically - this "should" be weldable. ?

Reply to
Critter

As far as I know all the hand held dry-cut saws use Cermet teeth. I know Tentryu does.

They are never welded, just silver soldered.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

And there are clamp and screw down inserts for machine tools using cermet.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

Not a bad price.

With Evolution, Porter Cable and now Milwaukee selling them, maybe some refurbished ones will show up at Harbor Freight soon.

Reply to
AL

Harbor freight already has a knock-off for sale.

And here is the Makita Cordless metal cutting saw

And a knock-off cold saw

And yep, they even sell the real one

Is there anything they don't sell?

Reply to