new toys

Thought I would post my new toy purchase, at least on this site, people will appreciate the purchase. Those who don't weld, don't understand why I am so excited with my new toys.

Purchased new yesterday.....Lincoln SP 175 Plus, C25 tank, and new Oxy/act,cart and tanks with new Victor regulators and torch set!!!!!!

I can't wait to get home from work today just to play with all!!

Walked into the shop ready to buy the welder, walked out with welder and torches too...good sales people, good sale price, motivated buyer...oh well, its only money....

Reply to
Bruce

Good for you...... don't stop now....well don't stop just yet , next you will have a band saw , plasma cutter and a TIg setup....mark my word :-)

I agree , it is >Thought I would post my new toy purchase, at least on this site,

Reply to
acrobat-ants

Reply to
bitternut

These guys know what they are talking about....I got my 175+ about a year ago and I now own an O/A setup, floor mounted bender, couple of grinders, clamps and magnets, etc......all this on top of about 30g worth of woodworking tools stuffed into a 2 car garage !!! Oh well, one can't have too many hobbies, I guess.

Enjoy your new stuff and if you don't already....read here often !!!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

I see I am not the only person with that problem. Do you spend as much time as I do, trying to keep everything mobile?

Reply to
news junky

UH OH! I can see a plasma cutter and a Tig machine entering your life soon! Man, I love buying new machines/tools. I started with a small flux core welder a year ago, now my garage is a working metal shop. I hope you have an understanding wife (or better yet, no wife!) because you're gonna be selling your ass off as to why you need more stuff. "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission" that's my motto, I'll kiss her can like a kid with a puppy..."can we keep him??" that dog always stays... once it's there! Good luck and enjoy your stuff! walt

Reply to
Wallster

By "can" you mean Pork n' Beans, cause she's in the kitchen cooking you dinner right???

Please don't tell me wife I said that.....

Rod

Wallster wrote:

Reply to
rod richeson

News Junky Asks:

I have 5 stationary machines ( Tablesaw, Drill Press, Lathe, Bandsaw, Disk Sander ) but yes, everything else is quite portable. I do Residential and light Commercial remodeling, so my stuff is in and out all the time....I am also a nut about organizing everything, as it is the only way to get real work done in a small space !!

I might also add that this garage is ALL shop...the vehicles stay OUTSIDE !!! ( much to my wifes dismay) bought her a remote start for her car so she can heat it up without going out in the NE Ohio snow.....

Jeff ( No Cool SIG ) Sellers But working on it......

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

I have to have everything mobile, both cars stay inside. I put the tablesaw and extension table (6½ long) on wheels, and have a flip up outfeed. Planner, jointer, chopsaw and welder ALL on mobile bases. Big difference when you use them for a living, verses my playing around.

Reply to
news junky