OA Rig with medium/heavy duty regs

I have come across a couple of two stage Victor regs that I would like to use on an OA torch setup. The question I have is that according to what I can find on the web and simply by looking at the two regs one is a medium duty and the other is a heavy duty. The 3s are VTS410A(Fuel) and VTS250A(Oxy). The acetylene reg is huge! Can these be used together on the same outfit? I know they may look a little imbalanced but function is what I'm after.

thanks.

Reply to
rmp5363

Two stage regulators are great. I don't know of any reason you can't use a big one on one cylinder and a medium sized on another cylinder. Who cares about cosmetics? What matters is at the other end, what you're cutting or welding!

I have a pair of VTS-450s and I love 'em. I tend to only use them for torch cutting, where precise control of pressure is critical. Sometimes regulators come around and sometimes they're scarce. Lately around here they've been bountiful, and I seem to have 4 pairs now.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The two stage, heavy duty regulators are preferred over single stage regulators. The big reason is that if you use a substantial portion of a tank in one session, the output pressure on the two stage varies less than the single stage versions.

That said, I'm not sure I'd reccomend a used heavy duty 2 stage regulator over a NEW single stage unit. 2 stage units are always used in a commercial or industrial setting. Read: hard use, likely to have "issues". My benchmark for new units is a genuine Victor brand jounyman single stage outfit for $170 to $200. These are great for a casual or hobbist user and you know they will not give you any grief. A leaky regulator can be a pain or dangerous, runs $45 to $60 for a rebuild.

I have a spare used Harris set that was given to me > I have come across a couple of two stage Victor regs that I would like

Reply to
RoyJ