Quick help if possible

I'm sitting down today to do something very simple. In between errands and doctor visits, that is.

My wife has brought me a logo that she wants put for ten seconds before and after a commercial. The logo is in an e mail, but not as an attachment.

I THINK I need to e mail the sender and have her put it in jpg format so it is in a file. Then would I IMPORT it and insert it in the timeline? How do I get it to spread out for ten seconds instead of one frame?

Avid Liquid 7.2 - Just asking this before I run FIL to the doctor and do some errands, and then when I get back will sit down and try to figure it out. Will probably be able to figure it out, but in the meantime, maybe someone can give me a leg up. Meeting with boss to get tutoring, but in the meantime, dealing with some family and health issues that are nagging, but need attention.

Sure shortens a day. I have found some free Avid tutorial sites, just have to apply myself and sit and spend the time. Just busy with ten other things that need to be done and ten other things that SWMBO thinks need done.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Well, tacking a logo onto the start of a movie is certainly "joining", but is it "welding"?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Which mail package do you use?

In OE, I've often had good luck capturing images by RIGHT-clicking on the image and selecting "Save Picture" (or its equivalent) from the menu.

Other e-mail packages can often do the same.

Another way is to save the message as HTML and then find the image reference...

Reply to
RAM³

BRAIN FART. DISREGARD. WRONG GROUP.

Reply to
SteveB

But it was so much fun to envision how one might take a .mpg file, a .jpg file, and a welder, and make it all work out...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I'm learning video editing. Like I have the time and/or brain space to do so. I do see applications for welders, though. There's a site on the kimkomando.com site that pays people to write instructions on lots of common things. I wonder if any CDs on how to set torches or how to weld a particular way would sell. Heck, the blank CDs just cost less than a quarter.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB