Re: welding sockets

If you ignore discoloration, the weld area looks quite smooth and seems to have good penetration. Since I do not need this tool anymore, I can cut it with a chop saw to see if there was good or bad penetration (I am pretty sure it was good).

Ignoramus30925

[That "masters" weld was TIGed] Iggy, why do you try so hard to look like a pro and at the same time tell shit like no other? You used no filler rod (as you stated somewhere else), so do didn't have a Vee to get penetration. You just melted the surface, nothing else. And you insist on ignoring the HAZ.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller