REQ: Sil-Fos 18 or equivalent

Hello, Can anyone tell me where I can buy 1/2 or 1 pound of this?

Thanks

Reply to
Dev Null

Any welding supply store!

Steve Rayner.

Reply to
Steve Rayner

Other than ordering it from a nearby major welding supplier, checkout "Blockade".

No silver but about the same melting temp.

Fusion Number: 1311

Nominal Alloy Composition: Cu Ph Sn Si Bal. 4.0-8.0% 0.1-8.0% .001-3.0%

Solidus Temperature Liquidus Temperature

1178°F 637°C 1247°F 674°C

Zorro

"Zorro" wrote in news:tEI5b.9319$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Thanks! I'll check this out.

Reply to
Dev Null

Dev Null wrote: : "Steve Rayner" wrote in : news: snipped-for-privacy@news.victoria.tc.ca:

:> Any welding supply store! :> :> Steve Rayner.

: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and : remove all doubt.

Yea, that fits you to a "T".

Steve gave the correct answer.

Reply to
tmiller

In my area, the Air Liqiude store, formerly Totem Welding. I get mine there. If you want a full coil, it can be ordered. In larger cities, the refiners have sales offices. The last price I had was $800.00 Canadian for a coil.

Steve Rayner.

Reply to
Steve Rayner