Rod size 7016 7018 6G pipe butt v-up tube-to-plate fillet?

I want to get practicing for SMAW Coding - the two "full-range" Codings fillet and butt.
I'm in the UK. 3/32" = 2.5mm
1/8" = 3.2mm
Would you go for
root & fillet-corner 3/32" - 2.5mm 7016
fill and cap (butt) 1/8" - 3.2mm 7018
for both the fillet tube-to-plate and the pipe butt 6G?
I have a Miller Dynasty inverter, so that's about as good as it gets (?!).
For what is being looked for in jobs, must be: Basic (7016/7016) run upwards multilayer
Best wishes, Rich S