Sad News

I watched a rerun of Southern Steel this morning on Discovery Channel and
happened to notice at the end they displayed a message saying something
like: In loving memory of Gary Woodford, 1953 - 2005.
If you've ever watched the show you know Gary as the older guy with the long
ZZ-Top style beard that did nearly all of the metalworking and was fun to
watch. The show includes a bit more actual metalwork than others and a bit
less of the BS although the boss does get annoying at times. ;-)
Gary was obiously the most creative and impressive of the bunch. He seemed
to have a really unique outlook on life. Once when he was having a tough
time with something, rather than get pissed off and rant and rave like many
of us might do he walked outside to find a 4-leaf clover. :-)
I'd never heard his last name and wasn't sure if he was the one mentioned so
I did a Google search but didn't find anything. Then I tried

and found that it was indeed him. He passed away just a couple of days ago
but they don't say why.
Here's a link to a tribute to him:

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall