SEJW - Smelting

Smelting... Anybody got a basic tutorial on smelting? I am thinking there are a couple parts that I would like to make out of aluminum that would be best made sand cast, and then polished. CNC milling out of a solid block would be nice, but not practical for me. Not sure smelting would be either, but...

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Um, methinks that would be 'casting' not smelting.

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Unless he has a good supply of bauxite...

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Could you be more specific? Your needs might be as easy to satisify as fabricating a wood or plastic pattern, and visiting a small local foundry.

Reply to
Maxwell

Where are you located. Some good supplier in Northern CA. Martin

Mart> Smelting... Anybody got a basic tutorial on smelting? I am thinking there

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn