Sometimes you feel like a nut ..........

Two times recently, I have asked advice. Once about a headband ratchet, the other about my 1/2" airgun not taking off lugnuts.

Ernie told me to PUSH and turn the headband ratchet. My that works nicely.

Someone told me there's a variable torque adjustment on the gun, which there is. Adjusting to #4 let me take the lug nuts off from tight.

I hate it when I do that ..............

I pride myself that I know a lot. That I am smarter and better. That I am qualified.

Humiliation is a good teacher.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for book

Steve B

What's that Lassie? You say that Steve B fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:20:15 -0700:

Well, you just learned two new things. So now you are that much smarter and better.

Reply to
dan

Here's my "moment of the week". Kind of similar. I bought a 4000 lbs pneumatic ARO hoist at a garage sale ($35). Upon inspection at home, the hoist would go up quickly, but would stutter and go down extremely slowly. I disassembled its valve assembly not once, but twice, with no result.

Finally I noticed two little knows with screwdriver slots. They turned out to be speed adjustments. I thought initially that they were factory preset. Anyway, I turned the one labeled "down speed" and the hoist now goes down about as well as it goes up. Doh

Reply to
Ignoramus22435

Dude, you KNEW ENOUGH TO ASK. That's the road to enlightenment. Kudos! Then, you tested the answers. Kudos twice!

Reply to
whit3rd

Dude, you KNEW ENOUGH TO ASK. That's the road to enlightenment. Kudos! Then, you tested the answers. Kudos twice!

Reply: I could go on for days on adventures where I didn't ask. Most of them didn't go well.

BTW, since I got a TomTom, I don't have to ask for directions any more. Love that little puppy.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

A line consisting of 2 dashes & a space before your sig will tell all our newsreaders that it is a sig & handle it as a sig, not text. Or, your newsreader should be able to do it automatically.

HTH, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Reply to
John R. Carroll

so, if I do --http:// ................ or is it --http ://

emphasis on space between p and : Is there a space between - and - ? or --

? Which, as I see it, does not create a hot link .....................

I would like not to offend, and have it get through. Add to my store of knowledge, there is so much for an old fart to learn.

As of right now, 6:56PM MST, April 29, I had 152 page views today, eclipsing my ten day record of 66 on April 22. The page was published on April 18. Something's working.

And I'm working on the book.

Steve

visit my site

watch for the book

Steve B

What humilitation? No human is born knowing how to operate this or that kind of equipment. We either learn by failing, try something different. Or read the manual, or ask others. I more respect people who ask others. Actually, you went up in my estimation.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are becoming wise.

I on the other hand..am stubborn and the son of a Civil Engineer father and a Aeronatical Engineer Mother...and I still have a hard time remembering Righty Tighty sometimes....

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch