stick welding dissimilar metals

I own a cheap 110v mig welder and a real nice miller thunderbolt 250xl stick welder. I can weld regular steel as good as almost any non-pro welder but i have a question about welding steel and stainless steel together. The exhaust on my mustang is stainless steel (i don't know what alloy), i want to cut out the factory mufflers and weld in a set of flowmasters which are aluminized steel (i will wire brush the aluminum coating off). I found some stick electrodes called "312" which say they are good for welding stainless,cast iron, dissimilar metals and high nickel steels. Are these the best electrodes for my application? What welder settings should i use (i'm thinking DCEP, around 60amps?) I'm not real concerned about how the weld looks as long as i don't burn through and the weld is strong enough to support the exhaust.

any thoughts,

-Jon

Reply to
JonS999