Welding dissimilar metals

I need to repair a section of commercial food service equipment where a weld has broken and it is two different metals welded together. One is regular mild steel and the other is a higher quality stainless steel. It obviously can be done. All I have is a MIG, can I use that? Also which type of wire should I use. I am new to welding but I have been practicing and I am getting better results with steel and I just started welding stainless but any advice on this particular subject would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
xyz789

If you have a small MIG welder then you can remove the inner hub in order to mount a small 2 lb. spoolgun spool.

By a 2 lb. spool of 0.024" or 0.030", 309LSS.

You can get away with the Argon/CO2 gas mix used for steel.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler