Storing filler rods

Hey all, need to pick your brains here please. I want to know if storing my filler rods in a sealed cabinet or 10"+
dia sealed PVC pipe with a threaded cap and a Schrader valve to purge via shop vac gizmo I whipped up and fill with Argon and a few military desiccant pads is going to make a difference. I do have some Titanium and other Iconel odds&ends I paid a lot for but use only on the occasional odd job but it's nice to have on hand. Am I wasting my time with this project? Not like I can see spending more than a few hours and $20 bucks or so but I would assume having the rod exposed to air is detrimental, esp. to the Ti. rods and my beloved stocks of HTS I never saw a cabinet or anything but even a few smaller ones to segregate the rods might be worth it if it's not a waste of time. Normally I burn through plenty of Al. and steel filler so that's 99% dealer fresh but I just wondered and I need something to do over the next few days. Any thoughts if this is stupid or not a bad idea? Some of that filler was big bucks and I'd like to preserve it if it's possible. Plus I have a few cool low pressure, low vacuum combination gauges that I would like to put to use.
Thanks as usual,
Rob
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.
PS: Just started working with Spitzer Chassis to design the Rolls Royce Viper engine into the new jet dragster "Burnin' bucks" Plan on it being the debut car once I open the doors in the CA. shop. I need a GOOD jet mechanic, God, they don't come cheap! What a learning curve I have to try.... Better call State Farm.

It will help keep oxidation down. Titanium is pretty impervious to oxidation, but aluminum and steel will oxidize. It really depends on the humidity in your shop.
In my opinion it can't hurt.

I knew a guy in San Francisco who was trying to put a small turbine engine on a motorcycle frame. He was having a hell of a time gearing it down.
--
"I love deadlines, especially the wooshing sound they make as
they fly by" - Douglas Adams